C-750 & SL-750 Cylinder Finishers
GOMACO Corporation pioneered the development of the first cylinder finisher over 50 years ago. The late Harold W. Godberson, founder of GOMACO Corporation, developed and manufactured a bridge deck finisher to meet the growing needs for bridge markets. Considered to be a milestone, the cylinder finisher made GOMACO a recognized name in the construction industry.
Today, GOMACO cylinder finishers are designed for versatility with the C-750. It is easy to operate and saves time and labor costs on all of your concrete finishing projects.
Pin-connected sections provide fast setup time and the versatility to fit exact job requirements. The C-750 frame widths range from 16 feet (4.88 m) to 160 feet (48.77 m).
GOMACO C-750 Finisher Features Reliability, Serviceability, and Safety
Wider Width Finishing
• The C-750 provides high-production results with one-pass finishing for wider widths. Pin-connected sections provide fast setup time and the versatility to fit exact job requirements with frame widths ranging from 16 feet (4.88 m) to 160 feet (48.77 m).
• The C-750 features a 41 inch (1041 mm) wheelbase. The larger bogie drive motors are geared down to allow for continuous creeping advance.
• The console and operator’s platform are designed to be positioned anywhere within the 3.5 foot (1.07 m) deep framework sections, providing excellent operator visibility.
This GOMACO C-750 uses two, three-point finishing carriages for maximum efficiency to pave both sides of a bridge deck. The left carriage has the adjustable double augers and the right carriage has the standard augers, which operate ahead of the finishing cylinders.
Versatile Frame and Finishing Width...
The C-750 cylinder finisher is designed for wider width finishing. The frame transition extensions in the center of the frame provide increased strength for widths over 120 feet (36.58 m) up to 160 feet (48.77 m).
SL-750 Slope & Canal Finisher
GOMACO’s SL-750 is a slipform cylinder slope and canal finisher. It is easy to operate and saves time and labor costs on all your concrete finishing projects. The SL-750 is designed for fast trimming and finishing, strict tolerances, with a minimum of handfinishing.
C-750 Cylinder Finisher Specifications
Type: Kohler, air-cooled gasoline.
Horsepower: 18 hp (13.4 kW) @ 3000 rpm.
Electric Start: 12 volt start motor with a 25 amp regulator-rectifier.
Fuel Reservoir: Console 9 gal. (34 L), Carriage 9 gal. (34 L).
Hydraulic Oil: Console 15.3 gal. (57.9 L), Carriage 9 gal. (34 L).
Self-Contained: Hydraulic console with easy-to-operate controls, including variable travel. Can be positioned in other locations on the main frame for operator safety and convenience.
Carriage Drive: Designed for operator ease in controlling travel speed and direction of the carriage.
Traction Drive: Two drive and two idler bogies standard. Drive bogies include two hydraulically driven flanged wheels, 3.25 in. (83 mm) wide for 2 in. (51 mm) square tubing or cupped wheels to run on 2 in. (51 mm) pipe. Optional urethane wheels or urethane wheels with removable flanges.
Traction Speed: Up to 31 fpm (9.4 mpm).
Automatic Advance on C-750: Electronically controlled at the end of the finishing pass. As machine advances, the undercarriage can change attack angle and concrete finishing resumes.
Frame Construction: All-welded steel, pin-connected, main frame, 16 ft. (4.88 m) to 120 ft. (36.58 m). Finishing width is normally 4 ft. (1.22 m) less than frame width indicated.
VARIABLE FINISHING WIDTHS
Extendible Frame for Finishing Widths: 4 ft. (1.22 m), 8 ft. (2.44 m), 12 ft. (3.66 m), or 16 ft. (4.88 m) increments. The C-750 assures a specified tolerance of one-eighth inch (3.2 mm) in 12 ft. (3.66 m). Includes a self-widening capability for use on tapered decks and slabs. Self-widens up to 12 ft. (3.66 m) as machine advances. A 360 degree turntable on the upper carriage allows maximum skewing of the undercarriage to keep the finishing cylinders parallel to the center of the slab.
POWER TRANSITION ADJUSTER (PTA) (optional)
Hydraulically operated for on-the-go crown elevation changes. Power transition adjusters can be installed at most pin-connected points.
Finishing Cylinders: Double-cylinder undercarriage with two reversible 10 in. (254 mm) diameter, 48 in. (1219 mm) long cylinders.
Augers: Two augers, one 10 in. (254 mm) diameter (right-hand) and one 10 in. (254 mm) diameter (left-hand) with auger guard.
Finishing Pan: 25 in. (635 mm) x 22 in. (559 mm) trailing float pan.
- Engine (2):
Type: Honda, air-cooled gasoline.
Horsepower: 19 hp (14.1 kW) @ 3000 rpm.
Electric Start: 12 volt start motor.
- Engine (2):
Type: Yanmar diesel.
Power: 19.9 hp (14.8 kW) @ 3000 rpm.
- Power transition adjuster (PTA).
- Transport assembly includes four 12-ply tires and towing tongue for job site use only.
- Adjustable hydraulic, pan-type vibrator for latex overlay applications or with protruding fin for street work.
- Hydraulic, stinger-type vibrator and mount assembly, equipped with bent vibrator which rotates 180 degrees at the end of each pass, to allow vibration close to paving form.
- Incorporated cylinder lowering attachment for single-cylinder and double-cylinder.
- Hydraulic lowering attachment for single-cylinder and double-cylinder.
- Main frame extensions.
- Single-cylinder undercarriage, 10 in. (254 mm) diameter, 48 in. (1219 mm) long.
- Single-cylinder undercarriage, 10 in. (254 mm) diameter, 60 in. (1524 mm) long.
- Adjustable augers for double-cylinder, two 7.75 in. (197 mm) diameter double pitch augers with manual vertical adjustment.
- 60 in. (1524 mm) long by 10 in. (254 mm) diameter cylinder with external vibration for double-cylinder undercarriage and single-cylinder undercarriage.
- Double finishing pan assembly.
- Trimmer undercarriage assembly with trimmer wheel assembly for fine grading the subgrade.
- All bogie drive. Four hydraulically powered bogies.
- Third wheel assist bogies, consisting of four single wheel idler bogies and spreader beam to distribute machine weight.
- Spare console, upper and undercarriage assembly.
- Additional emergency stop buttons available.
- Other options are available to customize machine to accommodate applications and customer needs.
Manufactured under one or more of the following U.S. or foreign patents: 5,190,397; 5,209,602; 5,924,817; 5,941,659; 6,099,204; 6,450,048; 2,211,331; 2,069,516; 7,044,680; 7,284,472; 7,517,171; 7,845,878; 7,850,395; 2,591,177; and patents pending.
GOMACO and G+ are registered trademarks of GOMACO Corporation.
GOMACO Corporation reserves the right to make improvements in design, material, and/or changes in specifications at any time without notice and without incurring any obligation related to such changes.
Performance data is based on averages and may vary from machine to machine.
For More Information
GOMACO World Stories