• The GOMACO PS-2600 is built for maximum placing and spreading productivity in central-mix operations.
• The GOMACO exclusive G+® control system features self-diagnostics for front and rear grade, cross slope, steering, reverse steering, and spreading accuracy and ease of operation. The sensors on the placer/spreader operate off the same stringline as the paver.
• Equipped with G+ ConnectTM for simple connections to 3D guidance.
• A counter-rotation feature also provides a 360 degree turning radius within the machine’s width.
• The five foot (1.52 m) wide GOMACO-designed conveyor system is built with the strength and durability to catch the concrete load from end-dump trucks.
• The drive system for the conveyor belt has the capacity to run the 22 foot (6.71 m) long conveyor belt to nearly 500 feet per minute (152.4 mpm), allowing the trucks to unload quickly.
• The conveyor deflector directs the flow of concrete at the discharge end of the conveyor.
• The symmetrical design of the conveyor allows it to be mounted on the left or the right side, depending on jobsite logistics.
• Spreading width up to 32 feet (9.75 m). Material is moved with a 20 inch (508 mm) diameter, hydraulic, split, reversible auger.
• Hydraulically pressure-compensated sideplates provide edge control and a spreading depth up to 19 inches (483 mm).
• The belt frame is hinged and can hydraulically raise and lower to allow trucks to pass by.
• Placing and spreading concrete with the two-track GOMACO PS-2600 in front of a slipform paver helps provide high production and positive rideability results.
The GOMACO PS-2600 placer/spreader is powered by a 275 hp (205.2 kW) Caterpillar C9, 8.8 liter turbocharged diesel engine. The electronic compliant engine reduces emissions and meets the required industry emission control standards being mandated for off-road diesel equipment throughout the world. The engine provides cleaner combustion and is tuned to achieve optimum performance.
The modular engine design provides easy access to service points. The 150 gallon (567.8 L) fuel reservoir and the 207 gallon (783.6 L) hydraulic oil reservoir are both independent of the main frame.
The unique telescoping frame on the GOMACO PS-2600 placer/spreader extends 6.5 feet (1.98 m) on the left side. The PS-2600 provides contractors with spreading widths from 12 feet (3.66 m) to 32 feet (9.75 m).
It is now the technology that pulls everything together… G+ is the center that Connects all of the resources.
Once you experience G+ controls, you won’t be satisfied with anything else. It’s a control system that is both easy to learn and easy to operate. G+ expresses itself in easy to understand international icons and full script explanations. It operates in all the major languages of the world and in the imperial or the metric system. It has a lightning-fast processing speed and features two-way communications between the accessories and G+. Its instant digital feedback combined with the tight closed-loop electronic and hydraulic control creates a G+ experience that is smooth, efficient, and accurate. There is nothing on the market that can compare, because G+ is a proprietary system that was designed by our in-house control experts incorporating what we have learned from decades of experience in the field, and from what we have learned from you, our customer.
- Machine Operation is Simple
- Machine Response is Fast
- Troubleshooting is Pinpointed, Quick, and Easy
- Detailed Fault History
The exclusive GOMACO G+ control system features self-diagnostics for grade and steering. It features new and easy-to-operate hardware with steering and travel dials. The elevation jog buttons, located to the left of the display screen, are used to manually change the elevation of the leg when the control loop is set to manual mode. Control dials are used for manual steering and travel. The G+ travel dial turns to adjust travel speed in one percent increments, and ramps up or down with smooth, precise speed control. This feature is ideal for controlling the smooth travel speed necessary for placing/spreading. The machine can be turned left or right with the G+ steering dial as it is moved in the manual travel mode.
A flat-panel 6.5 inch (165 mm) anti-glare display screen is provided with sensor-controlled backlight levels for superior visibility in all operating conditions. The screen is rugged and shock resistant in its construction to protect against dust, moisture, and rain. G+ provides a full color display on the control panel to illustrate the various aspects of the placer/spreader for setup and operation. A “run” screen on the control panel illustrates the various aspects of the placer/spreader. It includes leg position, travel speed and percentage of drive, steering, travel information, grade information, deviation meters, and more. Newly designed icons and color graphics make it easy to understand and easy to identify the targeted functions. G+ receives a track speed reading from pulse pickups in the track motors to give you real time feet (meters) per minute and total linear footage (meters). G+ controls feature a detailed fault history with the time stamp, date, and information to track when each fault occurred. GOMACO’s G+ control system has been proven around the world.
The GOMACO paving train consists of the PS-2600 and GHP-2800 using the Topcon 3D machine guidance system.
The PS-2600, equipped with the GOMACO rock hopper, provides high-production placing and spreading.
The GOMACO RTP-500 rubber-tracked placer feeds aggregate into the rock hopper and the PS-2600 places the aggregate at the proper thickness on top of the geotextile fabric.
The GOMACO-designed conveyor system provides quick, clean, and efficient delivery of concrete to the grade. The conveyor system is hydrostatic, single drive, with a variable belt speed up to nearly 500 feet per minute (152.4 mpm).
The PS-2600 is equipped with a five foot (1.52 m) wide by 22 foot (6.71 m) long conveyor belt. The length of the conveyor belt can range in increments of 19 feet (5.79 m), 22 feet (6.7 m), 25 feet (7.62 m), and 28 feet (8.53 m).
The retaining wheel mounted on the conveyor provides stabilization of the belt while raising and lowering the hinged belt frame.
Quick and accurate spreading of the concrete is accomplished with the reversible, 20 inch (508 mm) diameter, hydraulically powered, split auger.
The unique telescoping frame extends 6.5 feet (1.98 m) on the left side of the frame to accommodate variable-width applications.
The GOMACO PS-2600 has a minimum transport width of 12 feet (3.66 m) and a transport height of 9.75 feet (2.97 m) without the strike-off mold. The PS-2600 also has a minimum transport length of 19 feet (5.97 m) with the 12 foot (3.66 m) strike-off mold attached.
GOMACO equipment is carefully designed to give years of dependable and safe service. The PS-2600 has five emergency stop buttons, one on the operator’s console and one on each corner of the machine. The four E-Stops on the corners of the machine are accessible from the ground level.
Another safety feature is a backup alarm, which is designed to alert personnel around the machine when the tracks are set to operate in reverse. There is also an alarm that sounds when the conveyor belt frame is raised and lowered, to allow trucks to pass by. Other safety features include track guards, warning decals, operator’s manual, safety manual, and excellent visibility over the entire placing and spreading operation.