Superior Quality And Technology That No One Else Can Offer
Features That Make The GP-2600 Number One:
• High-Production... Optimum engine performance with the emission-controlled engine and plenty of horsepower provides high-production.
• Noise Reduction and Cooling Capacity... The engine package design provides the operator with one of the quietest operations available. The cooling capacity provides a low hydraulic oil temperature, which results in longer life of parts and reduced operating costs.
• Push-Button Steering Setup... “Smart” steer cylinders provide push-button steering control setup and easy operation on the four-track machine.
• Accurate and Quick Mold Positioning... The T-Beam mounting rail provides positioning of the mold and the quick mounting and removal of the mold on the jobsite.
• Versatility in Changing Paving Widths... The modular frame hydraulically telescopes on the left side up to 6.5 feet (1.98 m).
• Proven Rideability... Superior rideability results have been job-proven time and time again by contractors throughout the world.
• Ease of Operation and Service... The exclusive GOMACO G+® operating system features user-friendly controls and system diagnostics. The electronic-over-hydraulic system provides easy, accurate adjustment with an instant, controlled response.
• Less Maintenance Time... Fiberglass shroud lifts for easy access to the engine and service points.
• Visibility Means Safety... Lower profile engine shroud, full operational platform, and guard rails provide the operator with enhanced visibility of the entire operation.
• More Safety and Minimum Clearance... Three-position pivoting ladder allows variable degrees of angle for safety and ease in climbing for access to the operator’s platform. The ladder can be vertically positioned tight to the machine for minimum-clearance paving conditions.
• Mobility and Transportability Made Easy... Unique counter-rotation feature provides 360 degree turns within the machine’s own dimensions. The selective steer system on the four-track machine features versatility for easy job-site mobility. The GP-2600 has one of the fastest tracking speeds in the industry.
• High-Performance Drive System... The hydraulic engineering and choice of quality vendored parts provide a unique two-speed drive system with a powerful, low speed for pushing large volumes of concrete.
• Unparalleled Accuracy... GOMACO’s hydraulically powered transition adjuster (PTA) provides accurate, on-the-go transitions for the crown of the concrete slab.
The job-proven GOMACO GP-2600 is preferred by contractors throughout the world. All of the features that have made the GP-2600 the number one mid-range paver in universal paving markets are still standard. The GP-2600 has even more outstanding features that provide today’s contractor with the ultimate paving machine of the future.
GOMACO provides the highest standard of quality in the industry with skilled personnel producing state-of-the-art machines. The GP-2600 mid-range paver is built with durability for construction job-site conditions. Quality control from GOMACO engineering through manufacturing provides low-maintenance equipment with superior paving performance. Safety standards are a priority in equipment designs.
The engineering teams have designed the GP-2600 for maximum versatility with proven rideability results. GOMACO has provided quality, versatility, proven performance, and dedication to customer satisfaction for over 50 years and will continue to meet the challenges of today and into the future.
The GP-2600 slipform paver is designed to meet the worldwide demands in new and reconstruction of highways, streets, parking lots, and airport pavements. This slipform paver is available with two or four tracks to meet varying applications and contractor preference.
The GP-2600 modular telescoping frame provides versatility. The GP-2600 provides contractors with a broad range of paving widths from 12 feet (3.66 m) to 18.5 feet (5.64 m) with the unique telescoping frame that extends 6.5 feet (1.98 m) on the left side. The GP-2600 will pave widths up to 32 feet (9.75 m) with additional frame inserts. Hydraulically pressure-compensated sideplates provide edge control and a paving depth up to 19 inches (483 mm).
Production and serviceability are key factors with the GP-2600. More fuel capacity combined with engine fuel efficiency provide an extended day of paving, resulting in higher production. The segmented fiberglass shroud provides ease in serviceability. One section lifts up to allow easy access to the engine and service points.
The low-profile engine shroud designed for the GP-2600 provides enhanced rear visibility for the operator. This allows the operator to remain at the controls and see the entire paving operation. The GP-2600 is powered by a 275 horsepower (205.2 kW) Caterpillar, emission-controlled diesel engine.
An optional removable auger/strike-off offers ease in changing widths and transportability. The detachable telescoping auger/strike-off gives contractors the benefit of a mold that can be either an open-front or auger/strike-off. It can then easily be broken down with removable and telescoping sections. The auger/strike-off is designed to move independently with hydraulically-adjustable mounts on the front of the mold.
A self-supporting transition adjuster (TA) is standard to allow for crowning. Both the strike-off and the augers have 6 feet (1.83 m) of telescoping capabilities to aid in changing paving widths. When paving widths need to be changed, the contractor only has to add or remove a section of the paving mold and then telescope the auger and strike-off in or out, depending on the needed width.
The telescoping auger incorporates bolt-on flighting to accommodate the changing widths. Along with giving the contractor some extra versatility with their pavers, the detachable telescoping auger/strike-off can ease transportation.
The auger/strike-off can be detached from the front of the mold and the wings on the sideplate can be folded in to allow a four-track paver, with the mold still mounted underneath it, to be transported on one truck under 12 feet (3.66 m) wide.
The GP-2600 paver slipforms a street 26 feet (7.92 m) wide with six inch (152 mm) integral curb on both sides of the street.
Three frame-mounted bar inserters on the front of this machine accurately place the transverse bars for the longitudinal joints. The inserters place the bars behind the vibrators. The front split auger on the GP-2600 spreads the concrete to a predetermined width. Both the right-hand and left-hand drive sections are independently controlled with variable speeds up to 62 rpm, for quick and accurate spreading of the concrete.
It is now the technology that pulls everything together… G+ is the center that Connects all of the resources.
Once you experience G+ controls, you won’t be satisfied with anything else. It’s a control system that is both easy to learn and easy to operate. G+ expresses itself in easy to understand international icons and full script explanations. It operates in all the major languages of the world and in the imperial or the metric system. It has a lightning-fast processing speed and features two-way communications between the accessories and G+. Its instant digital feedback combined with the tight closed-loop electronic and hydraulic control creates a G+ experience that is smooth, efficient, and accurate. There is nothing on the market that can compare, because G+ is a proprietary system that was designed by our in-house control experts incorporating what we have learned from decades of experience in the field, and from what we have learned from you, our customer.
- Machine Operation is Simple
- Machine Response is Fast
- Troubleshooting is Pinpointed, Quick, and Easy
- Detailed Fault History
The exclusive GOMACO G+ control system features self-diagnostics for grade and steering. It features new and easy-to-operate hardware with steering and travel dials. The elevation jog buttons, located to the left of the display screen, are used to manually change the elevation of the leg when the control loop is set to manual mode. The steering jog buttons, located above the display screen on four-track pavers, are used to manually change the steer direction of the tracks when the control loop is in manual mode. Control dials are used for manual steering and travel. The G+ travel dial turns to adjust travel speed in one percent increments, and ramps up or down with smooth, precise speed control. This feature is ideal for controlling the smooth travel speed necessary for slipform paving. The machine can be turned left or right with the G+ steering dial as it is moved in the manual travel mode.
A flat-panel 6.5 inch (165 mm) anti-glare display screen is provided with sensor-controlled backlight levels for superior visibility in all operating conditions. The screen is rugged and shock resistant in its construction to protect against dust, moisture, and rain. G+ provides a full color display on the control panel to illustrate the various aspects of the paver for setup and operation. A “run” screen on the control panel illustrates the various aspects of the paver. It includes leg position, paving speed and percentage of drive, steering, travel information, grade information, deviation meters, and more. Newly designed icons and color graphics make it easy to understand and easy to identify the targeted functions. G+ receives a track speed reading from pulse pickups in the track motors to give you real time feet (meters) per minute and total linear footage (meters). G+ controls feature a detailed fault history with the time stamp, date, and information to track when each fault occurred. GOMACO’s G+ control system has been proven around the world.
Featuring Steering Choices For Job-Site Mobility And Transportability On Four-Track Pavers
GOMACO’s Selective Steer Controls feature forward/reverse steer and manual steering choices. The G+ controls feature control dials for manual steering and travel. The paver can be turned left or right with the G+ control steering dial as it is moved in the manual travel mode.
Auto Steer Mode ... This mode is selected when steering is to be controlled by the steering sensors. The controller automatically recognizes where the sensors are plugged in and assigns steering, slope, or dual stringline to the appropriate tracks and display meters.
Coordinated Steer ... For minimum turning radius. When “coordinated steer” is selected, the steering control dial will control the turning of the tracks. If the dial is turned left or right from the center position, the leading tracks will turn in the corresponding direction and the trailing tracks will turn in the opposite direction.
Crab Steer ... The paver will walk sideways for ease in putting the machine on line. When “crab steer” is selected, the steering control dial will control the turning of all four tracks. If the dial is turned left or right, all tracks will turn in the corresponding direction to walk the machine to the side.
Front Steer ... When “front steer” is selected and the steering control dial is turned left or right, the front tracks will turn in the corresponding direction and the rear tracks will remain straight.
Rear Steer ... When “rear steer” is selected and the steering control dial is turned left or right, the rear tracks will turn in the corresponding direction and the front tracks will remain straight.
The G+ control system allows GOMACO’s slipform pavers, trimmers, and placer/spreaders to be controlled by an automated 3D machine control system and not by stringline. The 3D control system is adaptable to the G+ control system. This system can accommodate radii or superelevations automatically according to design data.
Real-time navigation systems allow the project data created in the CAD system to be directly put into the paving process. There is no stringline installation or maintenance. The stringless control systems can save you time and money.
This versatile four-track GP-2600, equipped with the GOMACO Auto-Float®, slipforms mainline paving in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The GP-2600 is capable of paving up to 32 feet (9.75 m) wide. GOMACO’s unique high-performance drive system delivers plenty of power for pushing and forming the concrete.
This versatile four-track GP-2600 slipforms a 24 foot (7.32 m) wide concrete roadway near Cochabamba, Bolivia.
GOMACO offers several bar insertion systems that are designed to accommodate your project specifications. Hydraulic cylinder, air-powered, and manual insertion are the three types of bar insertion. Bar inserters include the frame-mounted, sidemounted, 5400 series, and trailing form. GOMACO’s bar inserters provide easy and accurate bar placement to job specifications.
The frame-mounted tie bar inserter (TBI) accurately places the transverse bars for the longitudinal joint by placing the bars behind the vibrators.
The hydraulic system includes vibration to the bar, and is designed for large bars. Vibration is applied to the bar during insertion, which provides consolidation of concrete around the bars. This system requires one vibrator circuit. The minimum slab depth required is six inches (152 mm) and the maximum bar length is 48 inches (1219 mm).
The 5400 series bar inserter is front or rear loading and front inserting for ease of use. It mounts to the mold's T-bar and allows on-the-go crown changes, while maintaining a constant depth. The bar box is mounted to the paver's rear T-beam mounting rail for easy access and loading of the bar magazine. There are individual depth guides on the right and the left side of the bar inserter in order to keep bars parallel to the top of slab. The 5400 series bar inserter can hold up to 50 bars in the bar magazine and bar loading chain system.
GOMACO Frame-Mounted Bar Inserter For GOMACO Concrete Slipform Pavers
3 minutes 13 seconds
GOMACO 5400 Series Concrete Slipform Paving Mold, Telescoping End Section
3 minutes 25 seconds
GOMACO Hydraulic Side Bar Inserter
1 minutes 37 seconds
The specialized GOMACO G+® accessory control system allows for programmed transitions from a crown to a flat cross slope in a superelevation, or vice versa. The G+ system is used to control the operations of up to four power transition adjusters (PTA), four tie bar inserters (TBI), two side bar inserters (SBI), a paint marker, and automatically timed spray bar.
GOMACO’s computerized transition adjuster is user-friendly and easy to understand. The PTA status display allows the operator to monitor the transition countdown, the target height of each PTA, current height of each PTA, and paver travel speed per minute.
The transition countdown displays the distance remaining in the current transition. The target height display shows the desired height of each PTA. The current height of each PTA is also shown along with a corresponding up and down arrow which is illuminated when the controller applies drive to each individual PTA.
The illustration above shows a stretch of roadway with a three inch (76 mm) crown to a zero (0) crown into a superelevation and out from zero (0) crown to a three inch (76 mm) crown. The operator has entered a minimum crown of zero (0) and a maximum crown of three inches (76 mm).
The transition computer automatically averages the distance of the two track lines, inside and outside of the slab, and calculates the total change from minimum to maximum crown over the total distance entered for the transition.
GOMACO’s hydraulically-powered transition adjuster (PTA) provides on-the-go transitions in the crown of the concrete slab. A switch in the operator’s console controls the PTA in a positive or negative (up or down) motion. This flattens the crown in the paving mold/slab or adjusts the crown back into the mold/slab. These transitions are necessary in paving through superelevations and intersections.
This simple solution provides an easy method for an operator to perform a smooth transition where necessary and accomplish the required slab profile as specified.
GOMACO’s Vertical Hinged Sideplates are available options for the 3100 and 5000 series molds and have hydraulic control for ease in start-up from an existing slab. The four inch (102 mm) cylinder stroke allows the split sideplates to open and close. This provides less labor and a smoother transition to the new slab. The Vertical Hinged Sideplates can be raised or lowered to negotiate headers and other obstacles. The Vertical Hinged Sideplates are for four-track pavers only.
GOMACO offers edge slump control to accommodate slump and mix design. These additional slump controls are also available for easy on-the-go adjustments.
The two-track minimum transport width is 11.9 feet (3.63 m) and the four-track minimum transport width is 9.8 feet (3 m). The two-track minimum transport height is 10.1 feet (3.08 m) without the mold and 10.8 feet (3.29 m) with the series two mold. The four-track minimum transport height is 10.2 feet (3.11 m) without the mold and 10.6 feet (3.23 m) with the 3100 series mold. The rear work bridge on the paver is hinged to allow it to fold up during transport. This allows the track legs to be inside the frame depth or transport width of the paver. By maintaining a minimum transport width, job-to-job mobility is easier, safer, quicker, and cost effective.
GOMACO offers both the auger/strike-off mold .... and the exclusive open-front mold!
(1) The front split strike-off auger serves to spread the concrete to a predetermined width. The right-hand and left-hand drive sections are independently controlled with variable speeds. The 3100 series mold has a 16 inch (406 mm) front auger with a maximum speed of 79.3 rpm @ 24 gpm (90.9 Lpm) flow. The 5000 series mold has a 20 inch (508 mm) front auger and a maximum speed of 60.5 rpm @ 24 gpm (90.9 Lpm) flow.
(2) The strike-off is split for full, independent control. Both strike-off plates can be vertically controlled on the right and left sides, to meter material into the mold.
(3) The GOMACO grout box auger is for control of material through transitions or superelevations. The 3100 series mold has a 14 inch (356 mm) grout box auger with a maximum speed of 13 rpm @ 4.5 gpm (17.03 Lpm) flow. The 5000 series mold has a 16 inch (406 mm) grout box auger with a maximum speed of 6.5 rpm @ 4.5 gpm (17.03 Lpm) flow. The spreader/auger on the 3100 series open-front mold is a 14 inch (356 mm) auger with maximum speed of 77.9 rpm @ 28 gpm (106 Lpm) flow. The spreader/auger on the 5000 series open-front mold has a 16 inch (406 mm) auger and maximum speed of 55.8 rpm @ 24 gpm (90.9 Lpm) flow.
(4) Vibration is provided to the throat area of the mold for consolidation of concrete. The vibrators, with an automatic on/off control, activated with machine movement, are hydraulically powered with variable speeds up to 10,500 vpm. The vibrator positioning is hydraulically controlled for ease in start-up and finish.
(5) The GOMACO tamper bar system tamps down the aggregate level with the surface of the pan. The tamper bar is hydraulically powered with an automatic on/off control, activated with machine movement.
(6) The finishing pan serves to level the concrete. The 3100 series mold and stainless from front to back is 48 inches (1219 mm). The 5000 series mold and stainless is 60 inches (1524 mm) from front to back.
(7) Adjustable stainless steel is exclusive to the GOMACO system. This seals the surface and provides the troweled GOMACO finish out of the mold.
The 5000 series paving mold with a detachable telescoping auger/strike-off gives contractors the benefit of a mold that can be either an open front or an auger/strike-off. The optional detachable telescoping auger/strike-off provides easy width changes with the removable and telescoping sections.
Both the strike-off and auger have six feet (1.83 m) of telescoping capabilities to aid in changing paving widths. When paving widths need to be changed, the contractor only has to add or remove a section of the paving mold and then telescope the auger and strike-off in or out, depending on the needed width. The telescoping auger incorporates bolt-on flighting to accommodate the changing widths.
Along with giving the contractor some extra versatility on their pavers, the detachable telescoping auger/strike-off provides ease in transportation. The auger/strike-off can be detached from the front of the mold and the wings on the sideplates can be folded in to allow the paver, with the mold still mounted underneath it, to be transported under 12 feet (3.66 m) wide on one truck. This design is based on a 5000 series open-front mold, allowing such molds to be retrofitted in the field.
• Box design with durable 0.5 inch (13 mm) thick paving skin.
• Vertically-adjustable mold mount for precise leveling of mold to machine.
• Telescoping end sections with 24 inches (610 mm) of width variation on each side are optional.
• Edge slump adjustment.
• Hydraulic Vertical Hinged Sideplates, self-contained inside the mold for track clearance.
• Split, pressure-compensated sideplates.
• Folding sideplate wings for transporting without removing.
• Pivoting mold mounting beam to eliminate stress points, created by crowning the mold.
• Self-supported TA is hydraulically driven with 3.5 inch (89 mm) ACME screws for up to a six inch (152 mm) crown.
• Front and rear top T-bar on mold for attaching accessories and structural integrity.
• Inserts are bolted together with front and rear alignment pins for easy mold assembly.
• Vibrator mounting tube attaches to T-bar on mold.
- Vertical vibrator lift.
- Rear lubrication system with grease zerks accessible from the work bridge.
- Mounted on paver frame T-beam mounting rail, independent of the mold.
- New modular design with pin lock system for ease in changing widths.
- 10 inches (254 mm) of hydraulic height adjustment.
- Hydraulic crown adjustment.
• Spreader plow mounted to paver frame T-beam mounting rail, optional auger available.
• Tamper bar optional.
• Trailing stainless optional.
The box design of the 5400 series mold has a 54 inch (1372 mm) finishing length front to back and is equipped with a durable 0.5 inch (13 mm) thick paving skin that is welded to the mold to increase the structural integrity.
Telescoping Mold Sections are optional -
Two options are available for the telescoping mold section. One option is a five to eight foot (1.5 - 2.44 m) section, and the other option is six to 10 foot (1.83 - 3 m).
The GP-2600 is carefully designed to give years of dependable and safe service. The emergency stop buttons are on the operator’s console, and on corners of the machine, which are easily accessible from the ground level. Another safety feature includes a backup alarm, which is designed to alert personnel around the machine when the tracks are set to operate in reverse. Other safety features include track guards, warning decals, an operator’s manual, and a safety manual. GOMACO machines are also designed to provide the operator with excellent visibility over the entire paving operation.
GOMACO Corporation recommends the implementation of all safety procedures.
Two-track illustrations and dimensions shown with a 12 foot (3.66 m) wide 3100 series open-front mold, series two tracks, and eight inch (203 mm) slab depth.
*All dimensions are nominal.
A. 7.97 in. (202 mm)
B. 15.75 in. (400 mm)
C. 11.25 in. (286 mm)
D. 34.97 in. (888 mm)
Four-track illustrations and dimensions show 12 feet (3.66 m) wide 5000 series auger/strike-off mold, series two tracks, and 8 inch (203 mm) slab depth.
*All dimensions are nominal.
A. 8.38 in. (213 mm)
B. 15.75 in. (400 mm)
C. 9.12 in. (232 mm) minimum clearance to allow 5 degree maximum steer angle
D. 33.25 in. (845 mm) minimum clearance to allow 5 degree maximum steer angle
E. 17 in. (432 mm) minimum clearance to allow 5 degree maximum steer angle
• GOMACO’s exclusive G+® control system features self-diagnostics for front and rear grade, cross slope, steering, reverse steering and for ease of operation. The GOMACO control system features dual grade controls for sensoring stringline on both sides of machine simultaneously. Automatic on/off controls for vibrators and tamper bars are activated with machine movement.
• The unique counter-rotation programming allows the paver to turn 360 degrees within its own dimensions, providing excellent job-site mobility.
• The high-performance, low-maintenance, track drive system provides a travel range from a smooth uninterrupted minimum to maximum travel speed. The travel speed of the GP-2600 two-track paver is 75 fpm (22.9 mpm) and 52.8 fpm (16.09 mpm) for the four-track paver.
• The vibrators and the tamper bar are hydraulically-powered, have an automatic on/off control switch, and are activated with machine movement. The vibrator positioning is hydraulically-controlled for ease in start-up and finish.
• The GOMACO quick attach/detach mold system provides quick and easy interchangeability of mold profiles. The T-beam mounting rail provides more versatility when positioning the mold under the machine. The mold can be positioned anywhere across the width of the T-beam mounting rail.
• The engine module is independent of the main frame construction. Fuel and hydraulic reservoir modules are also independent of the paver’s main frame. The GP-2600 design provides simple access to all maintenance points for serviceability.
This GP-2600 two-track paver is shipping with the 5400 series mold attached. The machine is equipped with outtrigers to lift the machine for adjustments. The GP-2600 features a removable auger/strike-off, 5400 series tie bar inserter (TBI), and a manual trailing form side bar inserter (SBI).
The GP-2600 two-track paver with a 3100 series open-front mold’s minimum transport dimensions are a length of 19 feet (5.79 m), width of 11.9 feet (3.63 m), and height of 10.8 feet (3.29 m). The GP-2600 four-track paver can ship at a minimum transport length of 35 feet (10.67 m) with the series two tracks, minimum width of 9.8 feet (2.99 m), and a minimum height of 10.6 feet (3.23 m) with the 3100 series open-front mold attached.
Steering control has been simplified with exclusive “smart” cylinders, used for dependable steering control feedback, eliminating the sprocket, chain, and potentiometer at the top of each leg.
The “smart” cylinder reduces moving parts and eliminates the physical adjustments to the steering system.
GOMACO’s exclusive operating system now makes it possible to have push-button steering setup. The “smart” cylinders can be taught the desired degree of leg rotation, so that the tracks do not strike any object in minimum-clearance requirements. The operator has the option of overriding this setting.