• The Commander III is the best selling multi-purpose machine of all time. Voted Roads & Bridges magazine’s Contractor’s Choice for both paving and curb and gutter every year.
• The third generation of the Commander III is all about vision, safety, performance, and the operator.
• Tier 4 Engine: The Commander III’s frame was redesigned for the new Tier 4 engine and cooling package. The engine and cooling package is now reversed for better operator visibility, quieter operation, and to provide air intake to the radiator while avoiding the concrete loading from a front-facing design. The redesigned engine shroud also allows for easy access to service and fill points.
• Quiet and Efficient: G+® controls the hydraulic fan which adapts the cooling based on the job-site conditions for quiet and efficient operation.
• Improved fuel efficiency with power-optimized engine and load-sensed hydraulic circuits. An increased fuel capacity of up to 88 gallons (333 L) allows for an uninterrupted day of paving.
• The pivoting operator’s console is about visibility and hands-on control. Operators can position the console for better visibility of travel during different applications.
• The vibrator circuits control panel is relocated for easy access and easy-reach control.
• Operator Comfort: The Commander III features an isolated platform which reduces vibration for operator comfort all day.
• Equipped with G+ ConnectTM for simple connections to 3D guidance or GOMACO’s complete library of sensors for steering and grade.
• Easy push-button steering set up with “smart” cylinders. This allows you to set track steering and parameters.
• Features All-Track Steering (ATS) for loading, job-site mobility, and to set the machine to line quickly.
• Features All-Track Positioning (ATP) giving the contractor more options for dealing with obstacles, job-site logistics, and various applications.
• Telematics is available with G+ for remote engine and machine monitoring.
• An on-board camera for visibility is available. The camera feeds full color video to the G+ control screen. This allows the operator to survey designated areas for the slipforming process.
• The Commander III is the choice for various applications such as monolithic sidewalk, curb and gutter, barrier, slotted drains, roll-over curb, parapet, and paving widths up to 20 feet (6.1 m) wide.
It is now the technology that pulls everything together… G+ is the center that Connects all of the resources.
Once you experience G+ controls, you won’t be satisfied with anything else. It’s a control system that is both easy to learn and easy to operate. G+ expresses itself in easy to understand international icons and full script explanations. It operates in all the major languages of the world and in imperial or the metric system. It has a lightning-fast processing speed and features two-way communications between paver accessories and G+. Its instant digital feedback combined with the tight closed-loop electronic and hydraulic control creates a G+ paving experience that is smooth, efficient, and accurate. There is nothing on the market that can compare, because G+ is a proprietary system that was designed by our in-house control experts incorporating what we have learned from years of experience in the field, and from what we have learned from you, our customer.
- Machine Setup and Operation are Simple
- Machine Response is Faster
- Troubleshooting is Pinpointed, Quicker and Easier Diagnostics
The exclusive GOMACO G+ control system features self-diagnostics for grade and steering. It features new and easy-to-operate hardware with steering and travel dials. The elevation jog buttons, located to the left of the display screen, are used to manually change the elevation of the leg when the control loop is set to manual mode. The steering jog buttons, located above the display screen, are used to manually change the steer direction of the leg when the control loop is in the manual mode.
A flat-panel 6.5 inch (165 mm) anti-glare display screen is provided with sensor-controlled backlight levels for superior visibility in all operating conditions. The screen is rugged and shock resistant in its construction to protect against dust, moisture, and rain. G+ provides a full color display on the control panel to illustrate the various aspects of the paver for set up and operation. A “run” screen on the control panel illustrates the various aspects of the paver. It includes leg position, paving speed and percentage of drive, steering, travel information, grade information, deviation meters, and more. Newly designed icons and color graphics make it easy to understand and easy to identify the targeted functions. G+ receives a track speed reading from pulse pickups in the track motors to give you real time feet (meters) per minute and total linear footage (meters). G+ controls feature a detailed fault history with the time stamp, date, and information to track when each fault occurred. GOMACO’s G+ control system has been proven around the world.
The Next Generation Commander III has a GBox on every leg to accommodate improved steering and grade with G+ controls. It’s part of GOMACO’s electronic and hydraulic initiative. GOMACO’s GBox features a new location for the slave controller and proportional valves, reduces hose and wiring needs, eases serviceability and troubleshooting, and provides easy access with a horizontal swing door at ground level.
Four-Track Paving Package in the transport mode for slipforming barrier or parapet.
The Four-Track Barrier Package assembly includes the fourth leg and track and a hydraulically extendible rear frame to extend the right rear leg and track.
An economical paving package for trails and small paving applications.
Introducing the GOMACO IDBI attachment... an independent unit providing dowel bar insertion behind the paver
• Independent attachment is self-contained, self-powered, and inserts transverse joint bars in pavements up to 16 feet (4.88 m) wide.
• IDBI powered by its own engine.
• Crane with rechargeable wireless remote control has 21 feet (6.4 m) of reach and 6500 pound (2948 kg) lifting capacity.
• Outriggers on the attachment have 48 inches (1219 mm) of stroke and can be hydraulically lowered and placed on the ground to support the full weight of the IDBI as it is attached to or detached from the paver. The outriggers are also used to raise the unit so a trailer can be backed underneath for transport.
• CAN cable connects IDBI’s controls to controller on the Commander III and allows the two systems to communicate.
• Bar-loading tray accommodates dowel bars ranging in size from one to 1.5 inch (25-38 mm) in diameter and from 18 to 20 inches (457-508 mm) in length.
• Has the new adjustable-height bar extractors, and a patented bar tray for easy bar spacing and width changes.
• Hydraulically telescoping leg pivots on the rear of the paver. Telescoping pivots allow the machine to achieve sufficient length to mount the IDBI to the paver. It also allows the legs to be retracted to meet shipping requirements or to pave without the IDBI.
• New piston-style legs utilize a round inner tube and a keyway for steering control.
• Insertion forks designed to reduce amount of scarring and vibration enhances consolidation of concrete around bars.
The versatile GOMACO V2 is an optional dual mold system that is hydraulically adjustable for paving at different widths. The V2 makes width changes fast and simple and will even make on-the-go width changes for tapered slabs.
The configuration of the front and rear molds dictates the minimum and maximum paving widths and the amount of total width variation. It features separate mold control for the left and right side.
It is also available with a curb profile on one or both sides for municipal paving.
The V2 sectionalized mold system includes a spreader-plow with hydraulic vertical movement to control the head of concrete in front of the mold. The plow telescopes with the machine framework to accommodate the width change.
The GOMACO V2 paving mold was developed to adapt to virtually any paver operating in the field today.
This contractor saves time on the project by side-mounting a 14 ft. (4.3 m) mold to their Commander III for minimum-clearance paving, while keeping their 16 ft. (4.9 m) paving mold and kit underneath the paver. When they’re ready for wider width work again, the side-mounted package is removed and the contractor slipforms in the conventional paving mode.
GOMACO has a wide variety of stringline, clamps, rods, and sensor line accessories.
GOMACO sensor line is designed specifically for electronically controlled equipment. Sensor line and sensors provide the grade and steering information linked to the GOMACO operating system, located on the operator panel. The GOMACO electronic-over-hydraulic sensor system provides intelligent control of grade and steering for paving accuracy, and ease of operation.
Stringline stakes are made of high carbon steel, designed for a long life. Stakes are available in various lengths, ranging from 18 in. (457 mm) to 5 ft. (1.52 m). The stringline stakes range in diameter from 0.75 in. (19 mm) to 0.875 in. (22 mm).
One-piece and quick-set spring-action zinc-plated clamps are available.
The stringline zinc-plated, slotted rods are 18 in. (457 mm) in length and will accommodate a 0.125 in. (3 mm) diameter stringline.
GOMACO has many other sensor line accessories to choose from.
A total station tracks the progress of a Commander III on a barrier wall project in Belgium. The project was slipformed with the 3D stringless guidance system.
The Commander III, in the three-track mode, equipped with the versatile 12 ft. (3.66 m) paving package, will handle paving widths from 7 ft. to 12 ft. (2 m to 3.66 m) with minimum side clearance. The 16 ft. (5 m) paving package can accommodate widths from 7 ft. to 16 ft. (2 m to 5 m). The 16 ft. (5 m) paving assembly includes frame extensions for 12 ft. (3.66 m), 14 ft. (4.27 m) and 16 ft. (5 m) wide pours, and a left leg mount. GOMACO paving packages are an easy bolt-on attachment without major structural modifications required. The paving package kit also includes additional vibrator circuits, valves, switches and hydraulics to change from the standard machine to paving package set-up. Whether you choose the 12 ft. (3.66 m) or 16 ft. (5 m) paving package option, you can be assured it will fit all of your wider width slipform paving applications.
A unique, four-track, under-mounted barrier package is available for most types of barrier applications. The Commander III four-track with the under-mounted barrier is imprinting a stone pattern on the extruded wall.
The three-track Commander prime mover drives over the supported four-track frame. The left end car has been removed from the frame to allow the rear leg of the Commander to move through the framework.
The Commander is attached to the four-track frame. The pivoting left front mount is removed. The three-track assemblies (leg and track) are utilized for the four-track paving mode. The left front track assembly (Track #1) on the Commander is positioned as the left front on the four-track frame. The right front track assembly (Track #2) on the Commander is positioned as the right front on the four-track frame. The rear track assembly (Track #3) on the Commander is positioned as the right rear on the four-track frame. Location of the steering cylinder on each track assembly dictates its positioning in the transformation.
The end car on the four-track frame is attached, and the left front track assembly from the Commander is attached. The additional fourth track assembly is attached to the left rear of the frame. The four-track paver drives over the paving mold for quick attachment.
GOMACO’s optional high-drive tracks are ideal for minimum-clearance situations that sometimes exist when adding lanes to ramps and highways or replacing streets in residential areas. The 11 in. (279 mm) wide track has a clearance height of 21.85 in. (555 mm) to the bottom of the track motor. The height of the motor allows clearance on the slab side of the track.
Stringline Steer Mode
The Commander III is carefully designed to give years of dependable and safe service. Emergency stop buttons are located on strategic areas of the machine. The E-Stops are on the operator’s console and on corners of the machine, or can be positioned at various points on the machine providing optimal use for specific applications. Other safety features include track guards, warning decals, an operator’s manual, and a safety manual. GOMACO machines are also designed to provide the operator maximum visibility over the entire paving operation.
GOMACO Corporation Recommnds The Implementation Of All Safety Procedures.